Virginia Realtors® Leadership Academy
VAR challenges Realtors® to invest in themselves and their associations by participating in the Virginia Realtors® Leadership Academy. Through this program, VAR identifies and trains emerging Realtors® leaders from all around the Commonwealth. Approximately 20 applicants are accepted each year, and each class of participants builds their leadership skills through a series of retreats and a major class project. Graduates are groomed to take on leadership positions in their local associations, at VAR, or in other organizations.
Not only do the participants develop strong leadership skills to put to use in their communities and professional lives, they also nurture strong relationships with their class members that turn into rewarding business and personal connections.
IN THIS SECTION:
The Virginia Realtors® Leadership Academy is now a bi-annual program. The next class program to be offered will be in 2013.
The application deadline for the 2013 class is now passed. All applications must be submitted through the online application, so review the application carefully to ensure you have all the proper information and electronic documentation prior to beginning the online application process. If you have questions, you can e-mail VAR Membership Manager Amy Hafer or call her directly at (804) 249-5725.
Participation in the Virginia Realtors® Leadership Academy is open to Realtors® living in the Commonwealth of Virginia. A maximum of 20 individuals will be appointed to participate in the program. Since the number of appointments to the Virginia Realtors® Leadership Academy is limited, applicants who are not selected are encouraged to reapply in subsequent years.
Participants will be chosen by the Virginia Realtors® Leadership Academy Selection Committee based upon the information completed on this application. The Committee seeks representation from a cross-section of the profession. These leaders and potential leaders will be active in either business, education, the arts, religion, government, community-based organizations, ethnic or minority groups, or real estate specialty areas, and will reflect the diversity of the organization.
Attendance at retreats and quarterly sessions is mandatory. Those who fail to attend may be asked to withdraw without refund.
2013 CLASS RETREAT SCHEDULE
Retreat 1 – Staunton; January 15-17
Retreat 2 – Fredericksburg; April 16-18
Retreat 3 – Richmond; July 16-18
Retreat 4 – VA Beach; October (Convention)
CLICK HERE to download a .PDF version of this directory.
Congratulations to the 2013 VLA Class:
- Rachel Anker-Johnson, RE/MAX 8, New River Valley Association of REALTORS®
- Keith Canty, GregGarrettRealty.com, Virginia Peninsula Association of REALTORS®
- Moon Choi, RE/MAX Presidential, Northern Virginia Association of REALTORS®
- Diron Clements, Wilkins & Co., Dan River Region Association of REALTORS®
- Andrew Fristoe, Coldwell Banker Elite, Fredericksburg Area Association of REALTORS®
- Michael Huang, Kirin Realty, Northern Virginia Association of REALTORS®
- John Ince, Nest Realty Group, Charlottesville Area Association of REALTORS®
- Leigh Anne Losh, Help-U-Sell Direct Savings, Greater Augusta Association of REALTORS®
- Charles Adam Lynch, Prudential Waterfront, Roanoke Valley Association of REALTORS®
- Arlene Mason, Coldwell Banker Carriage House, Fredericksburg Area Association of REALTORS®
- Rebecca Miller, Keller Williams Realty, Greater Piedmont Area Association of REALTORS®
- Amy Rhodes, William E. Wood & Associates, Hampton Roads REALTORS® Association
- Brooke Schara, Arbour Realty, Northern Virginia Association of REALTORS®
- Barbara Sgueglia, 1st Class Real Estate LLC, Hampton Roads REALTORS® Association
- Anne Thai, Westgate Realty Group, Northern Virginia Association of REALTORS®
- Alfonso Torres, Realty Direct LLC, REALTOR® Association of Prince William
- Andy Waldo, Team Waldo Realty, Blue Ridge Association of REALTORS®
- Beverly Williams, Homes 2 Happiness Realty, Southside Virginia Association of REALTORS®