RI 411: Successful Settlement: Managing the Transaction
As a result of this class…students will be able to develop communication and organizational strategies to prevent or overcome difficulties in the transaction leading up to and beyond the closing table.
After this class, you will be able to:
- Implement and revise a timeline to track all facets of the transaction to include all responsible parties.
- List potential challenges in the home buying or home selling process and describe ways to resolve them.
- Write a plan to keep all parties to the transaction informed.
- Identify methods of providing lists of reputable service providers.
- Utilize and refine checklists for buyers and sellers to use before, during, and after closing.
- Prepare information for all parties to the transaction including attorneys, title companies, lenders, appraisers, etc.
- Successfully communicate, assist and work with the appraiser.
- Explain HUD-1 Settlement Balance Sheet to clients/customers.
- Explain warranties and the importance of home inspections for existing or new homes to clients and customers.
- Design strategies and approaches to effectively troubleshoot the transaction.
Additional information on the REALTOR Institute program and policies can be found at www.VARealtor.com/realtorinstitute.