Instructor Resource Center
IN THIS SECTION:
|Instructor Training Institute (ITI)|
|Certified Ethics Trainer resources|
|Apply to be a VAR speaker|
What Is ITI?
ITI stands for Instructor Training Institute, and is a professional development resource for real estate instructors and trainers. This is not your average "presentation skills" training program. The Instructor Training Institute is tailored to help you improve your course development and delivery skills.
ITI is pre-requisite for all members of the Virginia REALTOR® Institute faculty and is valuable for both experienced and inexperienced instructors. National real estate training experts facilitate this three-day program where participants learn how to, develop, and deliver instructional presentations that are videotaped and evaluated by the facilitator and classmates.If you’re serious about real estate instruction, this is the course for you.
Each participant will use what is learned in the first day and a half to develop and deliver instructional presentations. These will be taped and evaluated by both the facilitator, Dale Carlton, and fellow classmates. Then participants will receive a digital copy of their presentation and evaluations for further improvement of delivery methods.
Upon completion of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Create, develop, and write specific and general learning objectives.
- Describe, identify, and utilize four basic learning styles.
- Select, develop, organize and outline content to meet stated objectives.
- Design, develop, and implement specific participatory activities that support each learning style.
- Develop and demonstrate the competent use of four new visual aids.
- Demonstrate effective classroom management and questioning techniques.
- Prepare, practice, and present activity-based, objective-driven programs.
The next offering of the ITI will be February 25 - 27, 2014, VAR Headquarters. The facilitator will be Dale Carlton.
Road Show Instructors! Here are your essential materials. Click to download.
- 2013 Student Guide
- 2013 Instructor Guide
- 2013 Power Point Presentation
- 2013 NAR Code of Ethics
- Evaluation Form
VAR's events, including our annual Legislative Conference, Convention, Property Management Coalition Conference, and other events, offer focused, practical, and timely information presented by knowledgeable, professional individuals.If you are interested in becoming a VAR speaker, please complete the form below and we will review and contact those proposals that meet our needs.