Introducing VAR's New Member Outreach Program
The VAR Outreach Program, designed to enhance communications between VAR, local associations, and our Realtor® members, continues to grow to meet the needs in the field. Two VAR staff serve as direct links between VAR and the local associations and are available upon request to make personal field visits to brokerages, Realtor® association meetings and conferences. This service is offered at no charge, and topics may be selected (see below).
VAR’s Outreach Program connects with AEs and members in a number of ways, including the following: field visits and participation in leadership retreats, personal phone calls, an annual New AE Orientation for local and state Association Executives, VAR senior staff visits to associations, and speaking engagements on a number of topics. Input is always welcome on how these outreach efforts can be enhanced.
The following topics are available to be presented by VAR staff subject matter experts, as valuable components for local association or brokerage meetings:
- Presentations regarding specific programs or initiatives
- The Virginia Homeowners Alliance & Your Virginia program
- Training on Client Direct (e-newsletter for Realtor® members)
- Facilitating association strategic planning processes
- The future of the real estate industry
- Social media: "Cool Tools"
- Professional standards
- Membership policy
- Member benefits: what are they and how do members access them
- Human resources
- Leadership – the role of staff vs. volunteer leaders
- NRDS training
- Legal update
- Industry issues and trends
- Financial policies – internal
- Real estate research
- Real estate technology
- Handling the Media: top ten tips for REALTOR® leaders
Lisa G. Noon, ABC, CAE, is Vice President for Member Outreach, and has been a member of the VAR staff for over 15 years. Contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org or (804) 249-5717.
Carole Umbel is Director of Member Services, and has been a VAR staff member for over 25 years. Contact her at email@example.com or (804) 249-5716.