VAR's Laura Farley provides an overview of the Servicemembers’ Civil Relief Act, how the law can impact leases in Virginia and how it interplays with the Virginia Residential Landlord Tenant Act. Topics discussed include:
- Protections provided to servicemembers and their families under the SCRA.
- Waiver of rights and protections under the SCRA.
- Evicting individuals protected by the SCRA.
- Servicemembers terminating leases under the SCRA.
- VRLTA’s Early Termination by Military (Virginia Code Section 55-248.21:1).