VAR’s Blake Hegeman explains the duty to cooperate as outlined by the REALTOR® Code of Ethics, including issues like:
- License law v. REALTOR® Code of Ethics obligations
- When REALTORS® do not have the obligation to cooperate
The August/September issue of Commonwealth featured a story, “Watch Your Step,” that outlined some of the real estate scams being perpetrated on Realtors and their clients. The Better Business Bureau is now warning about yet another.
VAR’s Blake Hegeman discusses some common licensure issues and misconceptions, including:
- Concurrent licensure
- Licensed v. unlicensed assistants
- Sale of mobile homes
I’d like to take a moment on this Friday afternoon to wax sentimental on one of my favorite annual events: The Virginia Property Management Coalition Conference. 2013 marks the 10 year anniversary of the Virginia PMCC. This conference has gone from 20 people in a conference room to a standing-room-only event in Charlottesville (October 23-25, 2013) packed with hundreds of property managers from across the state.
VAR's Blake Hegeman covers an increasingly hot topic: prpperty management escrow accounts. Blake covers the new laws that went into effect July 1, 2013, as well as some "classic" Q&A, including:
- What should I do with rent paid in advance? How far in advance?
- What about application deposits? Where should these fees go?
- Is there a limit on application fees? What protections do these fees provide?